I'm not sure about you, but I'm a huge fan of hummus. Especially with it's olive hummus.
How to make olive hummus
I love the earthy texture, the garlic-lemon undertones and really I'm just a fan of the art of dipping. I especially love hummus when it's loaded with olive pesto.
It's no secret I have always been an olive lover, but when you grind it up with some oregano, parsley and olive oil and douse hummus with it, I am over the moon.
I used a similar olive pesto recipe for pasta (check out my Instagram to get the recipe!) and now I want to put it on everything because it's packed with olive flavor and has that amazing pesto texture.
I can eat this stuff with a spoon, you guys.
Let's be real. I do eat this stuff with a spoon.
How to make the best appetizer platter, ever
The other cool thing about both the hummus and the olive pesto, is it can and should be made in a food processor because it makes life incredibly simple.
You can certainly make the pesto by hand in a mortar and pestle, but you don't have to show off. I already know you're cool.
ALSO! There are endless dipper possibilities for this Greek olive hummus. Crisp veggies are the ultimate vehicle for dipping because they're a fun and colorful way to get more veggies in (I'm not judging how much hummus you put on each bite).
Or you could go with fluffy pita or crackers for that crunch. Or both. This is a no judgement zone.
So what do ya' say? Are you ready to dip?Print
The perfect party appetizer! Homemade hummus with olive pesto and all the fixins!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: Serves 12 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1-2 medium lemons
- ¼ teaspoon each coarse salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup pitted Mediterranean olives
- 1 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5-6 cups veggies, trimmed
- 2-3 pita rounds, cut into wedges
- In a food processor, combine beans, tahini, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper. Place the lid on the food processor and pulse while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Continue until hummus is smooth. Add more oil, if necessary. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- In a clean food processor, combine olive pesto ingredients and process until a chunky paste forms, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Place hummus in a serving bowl and top with pesto. Serve on a platter with veggies and pita wedges.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 260
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 20
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: snack ideas, healthy, easy, quick, nutritious, party tray, veggie tray