Heyo, it's cinnamon crunch zucchini banana bread time.
Let's make cinnamon crunch zucchini banana bread
How do you feel about that? I'm pretty psyched because I have 712 zucchini growing in my garden (they're not quite ready!) so I need a delicious go-to recipe to use 'em up.
Well, if you're in a similar situation, sh*t just got real. Because this right here is the world's greatest #1 most amazing zucchini bread.
And it's also banana bread, and the world's greatest of that, too. It's tender, soft, fluffy and so super tasty, you guys.
And I'll be honest, I was a bit leery making this bread with oat and almond flours.
Things just get weird sometimes with substitutions, but I tell ya' what.... subbing in those flours was one of the best decisions of my life.
Okay maybe that's a bit dramatic, but ya' know.
How do you feel about the crunchy cinnamon topping?
The bread itself is ultra tender and moist, but also super healthy. It's made with whole grain flour, a bit of almond flour and ground flax, shredded zucchini, mashed bananas, vanilla extract and a little bit of brown sugar to give it that classic molasses flavor and a bit of sweetness.
And what's super extra cool is the crispy, crunchy flaky topping that's cinnamon and sugar.
Hence the 'cinnamon crunch name. It just takes a little dusting, and voila! Life is all that.
You're in for a treat, friends.
Also... if you're wondering... yes, I totally ate the several bites of bread straight out of the pan.
It was hot out of the oven, and I couldn't wait to cut it so I just got a fork out and went for it.
Now is not the time for judgment. It's just time to eat.Print
Cinnamon Crunch Zucchini Banana Bread
Healthy banana bread made with whole grain flour, flax, cinnamon and zucchini with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping.
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 45-55 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins - 1 hr 10 mins
- Yield: 1 loaf (10 slices) 1x
- Category: Dessert, Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ¼ cups oat, whole wheat pastry, whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup almond flour*
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 medium ripe bananas (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup)
Cinnamon Crunch Topping:
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, almond flour, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another medium bowl, use a hand mixer to whisk together bananas, brown sugar and oil until fluffy. Whisk in eggs, then vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to the banana mixture while whisking on medium speed, just until combined. Fold in shredded zucchini. Pour mixture into the loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon and sugar. Evenly coat top of bread batter with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 50-55 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool, then slice and serve.
Cooking Tip: If you don't have oats, oat flour or almond flour, you can substitute for 1½ cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
Keywords: simple, whole wheat, easy, healthy, loaf, quick bread