Hey guys, do you like strawberries? What about mini strawberry shortcake stacks?
Let's make mini strawberry shortcake stacks
I haven't met too many people in this world who don't enjoy strawberries. It's difficult to resist the sweet burst of berry goodness when you bite into a perfectly ripe strawberry, that's for sure.
They're also super cute, make some of the best desserts (like this Strawberry Tart), jams/jellies, smoothies and ice cream, and are 100% in season right now. We have a giant strawberry patch (and when I say giant, I mean GIANT), so we are on currently on strawberry overload.
No complaints here, other than the fact that it takes hours to harvest them all; albeit they're fun hours. So please be on alert for 45 strawberry recipes in the near future.
Okay, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but you know what I'm sayin'.
How do you feel about mini desserts?
One of my very favorite desserts is strawberry shortcake. I mean, how can you go wrong with fluffy, buttery buttermilk biscuits, sweet strawberry filling and vanilla mascarpone whip?
And because I like mini foods, I went with Mini Strawberry Shortcake Stacks... why not?
How adorable are these lil stacks? I seriously want to just stare at them all day long. And then eat them, of course.
Happy strawberry season, guys. XOXO.Print
Mini Strawberry Shortcake Stacks
An easy summer dessert made with mini biscuits, strawberry filling and a mascarpone whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 20-25 mins
- Cook Time: 5-10 mins
- Total Time: 25-35 mins
- Yield: Serves 16 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- 16 mini biscuits
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone or cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Slice biscuits in half and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash strawberries with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Stir in 4 tablespoons sugar.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip heavy cream, mascarpone, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla extract until peaks form.
- Assemble stacks by layering half a mini biscuit with a scoop of strawberry filling, a dollop of whipped cream, the other half of the biscuit, another scoop of strawberry filling and another dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with a small strawberry, if desired. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Cooking Tip: Try this recipe with store-bought biscuits; simply tear them into smaller pieces.
- Serving Size: 1 shortcake stack
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
Keywords: easy, bites, small, best, biscuits, mascarpone