We're in for quite the treat, friends! Summer is closing in on us and I am enjoying all the berry things as if I never ever want summer to be over. Which is obviously true. And my current fave is this mixed berry oatmeal cookie crisp.
The best berry crisp on the block
The entire thing is so simple, yet has so much amazing flavor and texture that it's honesty very, very hard to beat.
The filling is packed with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries (and if you're feeling wild, dark sweet cherries) with a touch of sugar and a hint of vanilla.
The oatmeal cookie part is honestly a show-stopper because, well, it tastes like a legit oatmeal cookie. Oats, flour, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
That's all you need to make the most dynamite end-of-summer dessert.
Learn how to make oatmeal cookie crisp with vanilla berries
And if you finish it off with several scoops of vanilla bean ice cream, it becomes something that absolutely everyone will rave over.
I mean if you think about it - nothing can go wrong when you combine sweet vanilla berries with crisp and buttery oatmeal cookie crumble. Served warm, ala mode.
I fully realize I am repeating myself but I cannot possibly explain how good this Mixed Berry Oatmeal Cookie Crisp is, so you're just going to have to try it out irl.
A few other berry recipes you’ll *swoon* over:
- Blueberry Date Muffins
- Blueberry Donuts with Orange Glaze
- Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Mixed Berry Bread Pudding
- Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
- Chocolate Overnight Oat & Raspberry Chia Pudding Parfaits
Mixed Berry Oatmeal Cookie Crisp
A simple, lower sugar mixed berry crisp with an oatmeal cookie topping.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30-40 mins
- Total Time: 45-55 mins
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 4 cups mixed blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Zest and juice of ½ medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse, drizzling in 7-8 tablespoons of ice water, until the mixture starts to come together in large clumps.
- In a large mixing glass mixing bowl, stir together the berries, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract and cornstarch. Transfer the berry mixture to the baking dish and spread in one even layer. Use your fingers to crumble oatmeal cookie mixture on top of the berries.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and berries are bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream (optional).
- Serving Size: ⅛ of recipe
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 103mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 66g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
Keywords: whole wheat, whole grain, healthy, easy, low sugar