Are you tired of eating burgers? But what about herbed goat cheese & heirloom tomato turkey burgers?
The best turkey burgers out there
I certainly hope that isn't possible, because 1) burgers are delicious and should never be shunned and 2) I have a new and exciting burger for you to try! And what's cool about this burger, is that it's light, fresh and filled with garden goodies. Aka, fresh herbs, tomatoes and greens.
I'm specifically talking about parsley, basil, tarragon and oregano from my herb garden and heirloom tomatoes and microgreens from by veggie garden. Yay! Nothing beats thick slices of juicy tomatoes and tendrils of crisp baby greens on top of a grilled burger. Not to mention a generous slathering of creamy goat cheese spiked with a handful of those herbs.
Okay so I did mention the slathering of goat cheese... but aren't you glad? GOAT CHEESE, you guys. The word just puts a smile on my face.
*Eats herbed goat cheese straight from bowl.*
You're going to love these herbed goat cheese & heirloom tomato turkey burgers
And for the burger part, you can really use whatever kind of meat (or non-meat) you like. Turkey, chicken, beef, pork, lamb.... whatever floats your boat will work here!
Each option will pair well with the goat cheese, fresh herbs and heirlooms tomatoes I just mentioned. Like... really, really well.
Anyway, friends. I'll let you carry on with your day, and I hope you had a fabulous 4th of July with lots of good eats.
I'm gonna go eat this burger.
Herbed Goat Cheese & Heirloom Tomato Turkey Burgers
Easy turkey burgers topped with herbed goat cheese and thick, juicy tomatoes on a toasted bun.
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- Total Time: 20-30 mins
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- 1-pound ground turkey
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4-ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- Handful fresh herbs (parsley, tarragon, basil, oregano), chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- Handful greens, microgreens, sprouts
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Form ground turkey into 4 patties. Season generously with salt and pepper. Grill 4-5 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together goat cheese, chopped herbs and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Assemble burgers by layering a turkey patty, tomato slices, a dollop of herbed goat cheese and a handful of greens or sprouts on each bottom bun. Place remaining bun on the tops of each burger.
Cooking Tip: Use any ground meat to make these burgers.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 371mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: easy, healthy, simple, from scratch, homemade, best