This week is all about coconut dark chocolate granola.
What are you having for breakfast?
I mean, I'll eat other things, but this is all I can think about.
It's a mixture of the most wholesome things I could pull out of my cupboard: old-fashioned oats, coconut flakes, chia seeds, flax seed, walnuts, dark cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract.
Okay, so I basically just gave you the recipe. Sorry not sorry.
You just mix all the goodies together, then bake it at 250 degrees for 45 minutes.
Then... you mix in the dark chocolate chips, and if they melt just a tiny bit, it'll help hold together big 'ol chunks of delicious granola.
Not a bad thing, I tell ya'.
How to serve coconut dark chocolate granola
I like to serve this granola with vanilla soy milk, on top of vanilla Greek yogurt or in a parfait with strawberries.
Or, you could sit there with a bag of the stuff and munch on it, which makes total sense, too.
And for the coconut haters out there, I guess you can omit the coconut flakes (add an extra cup of oats or a mix of oats and nuts) and use a neutral (grapeseed, avocado, canola) oil instead of coconut oil.
And if you don't like chocolate, we just can't be friends. XOXO, granola.
A few other breakfast recipes I think you'll love:
- Broccoli Cheese Egg Muffins
- Morning Glory Smoothie
- Caramelized Peanut Butter & Banana Oatmeal
- Crispy Breakfast Potatoes
- Soft Batch Breakfast Cookies
Coconut Dark Chocolate Granola
Easy-to-make dark chocolate granola with oats, coconut, chia seeds, flax and nuts.
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 40-45 mins
- Total Time: 45-55 mins
- Yield: Serves 12 1x
- Category: Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 ½ cups rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except chocolate chips, until well combined.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet and bake 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Stir in chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Cooking Tip: For bigger clusters, add an extra tablespoon or two of honey. Stir in the chocolate chips when the granola is still warm (not hot).
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 78mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: healthy, easy, simple, make ahead, do ahead, meal prep, vegan, crunchy