An apple, carrot, coconut, walnut and cinnamon smoothie reminiscent of my favorite morning glory muffins.
It may sound like an odd smoothie combination, but trust me on this one!
It's packed with flavor and nutrition and will be on your breakfast rotation.
How to make morning glory smoothies
- Milk: This will make the smoothie super creamy.
- Apple juice: This adds the apple flavor that is trademark in morning glory muffins.
- Walnuts: Provides a nutty flavor as well as a boost of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Coconut: I use unsweetened.
- Banana: A frozen banana, to be exact. It adds body and sweetness.
- Carrot: Carrots are packed with nutrition and are a trademark ingredient in morning glory muffins.
- Cinnamon: For that warm spice flavor.
- Vanilla extract: It takes the smoothie to the next level!
- Place the milk, apple juice, walnuts, and coconut flakes in the pitcher of a blender.'
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen bananas, carrot, cinnamon, vanilla extract, stevia, and ice cubes to the pitcher.
- Puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Substitutions and Alterations
- For the milk: Use any milk, such as cow's, soy, almond, coconut, rice, oat, pea or cashew.
- For the walnuts: You can use any nuts, such as cashew or almonds.
- It helps to soak them in the milk first, just like the walnuts.
- For the coconut: Skip it if you don't like it.
- For the banana: Prep it in advance by peeling, slicing and bagging it up and placing it in the freezer.
- To make it gluten free: This recipe does not contain gluten.
- To make it dairy free: Use any dairy free milk, such as soy, almond, coconut, rice, oat, pea or cashew.
- To make it vegan: Use a plant-based milk, such as soy, almond, coconut, rice, oat, pea or cashew.
- To make it nut free: Skip the walnuts.
- Be sure all ingredients are nut free.
- To make it egg free: This recipe does not contain eggs.
Breakfast recipes to add to your plan:
- Dark Chocolate Granola with Coconut
- Berry Cantaloupe Smoothies
- Apple Date Donuts
- Broccoli Cheese Egg Muffins
- Breakfast Oatmeal Yogurt Cookies
Morning Glory Smoothie
An apple, carrot, coconut, walnut and cinnamon smoothie reminiscent of my favorite muffins.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 5 min
- Yield: 2 smoothies 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 small carrot*
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon stevia
- 1-2 cups ice cubes*
- Place the milk, apple juice, walnuts, and coconut flakes in the pitcher of a blender. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen bananas, carrot, cinnamon, vanilla extract, stevia, and ice cubes to the pitcher. Puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Cooking Tip: If you freeze the carrot, you do not need to add ice cubes.
Ingredient Tip: Add a scoop of unflavored or vanilla protein powder, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 30
- Sodium: 72
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 2
Keywords: healthy, easy, quick, simple, no yogurt, without yogurt,