It's time for a sweet treat with this coconut panna cotta recipe.
I am not lovey-dovey about dessert. I've always told you I'd take a bucket of buttery popcorn over something sweet any day, and that still stands true.
However, there is the occasional time that I crave a little treat, and this hits the spot! And what's exciting about it, is that it's not any ordinary dessert.
Simple Coconut Milk Panna Cotta Recipe
It's a 5-ingredient, super simple panna cotta that sounds fancy but the truth is - it's very, very simple.
What ingredients do you need for this divine dessert?
It's usually made with cream, sugar, vanilla, and gelatin, but my recipe is made with coconut milk (the full-fat kind). Oh boy, is it divine!
Honestly, I have nothing else to say about it.
Other than I love when something is just so simplistic that the core ingredients really stand out.
The vanilla (I use paste when I have it) is really the star of the show, but the coconut really stands out as well.
They're really in perfect harmony here. And it's not terribly sweet, which makes me love it even more.
It's really just perfect.
Now go show off to your friends with this fancy but not fancy panna cotta recipe.
And if you love this recipe, you may enjoy this one for Winter Citrus & Pomegranate Mascarpone Cups, too.Print
Coconut Milk Panna Cotta
Delicious and simple coconut panna cotta recipe! With only 5-ingredients, this coconut milk dessert will fancy up any dessert spread.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or paste
- In a small bowl, whisk together gelatin and cold water. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan bring coconut milk and sugar to a simmer, whisking frequently, until dissolved. Remove from the heat and whisk in vanilla extract or paste.
- Pour hot coconut milk mixture into the bowl with the gelatin and whisk until completely incorporated. Pour into dessert glasses and refrigerate at least 4 hours, until firm.
- Serve with fresh cherries and thyme leaves.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 445
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 30 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Italian, easy, simple, quick, comfort food, healthy