It's time for a sweet treat with this coconut panna cotta recipe.
Just four ingredients - coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and gelatin - will get you a creamy, dreamy dessert that' easy to make but seems kinda fancy.
How to make coconut milk panna cotta
- Unflavored gelatin: A classic ingredient in panna cotta, it will give the texture and hold you expect from gelatin.
- Cold water: Is mixed with the gelatin to start the blooming process.
- Canned coconut milk: The bulk of the panna cotta is rich, creamy coconut milk from the can.
- Sugar: To sweeten, just the perfect amount.
- Vanilla: And plenty of it so you get that rich vanilla bean flavor.
- In a small bowl, whisk together gelatin and cold water.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan bring coconut milk and sugar to a simmer, whisking frequently, until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in vanilla extract or paste.
- Pour hot coconut milk mixture into the bowl with the gelatin and whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour into dessert glasses and refrigerate at least 4 hours, until firm.
- Serve with fresh cherries or berries.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
- I do not recommend freezing panna cotta.
Recipe Substitutions and Alterations
- For the sugar: Use any granulated sugar option you like, such as granulated sugar, stevia, monk fruit or Swerve.
- For the coconut milk: You could try and use heavy cream or half and half (although I haven't tested this).
- For the vanilla: Use vanilla extract, vanilla bean paste or scraped vanilla beans.
- To switch things up: Use different extracts to change up the flavors.
- For the toppings: Use any fresh cut fruit and herbs, if you desire.
- To make this gluten free: This recipe does not contain gluten. Be sure all ingredients you choose are gluten free.
- To make this dairy free: This recipe does not contain dairy.
- To make this nut free: This recipe does not contain nuts. Be sure all ingredients you choose are nut free.
- To make this egg free: This recipe does not contain eggs.
Dessert recipes to make for your guests:
- Citrus and Pomegranate Mascparone Cups
- Cornmeal Ricotta Upside Down Cake
- Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
- Mixed Berry Bread Pudding
Coconut Milk Panna Cotta
Delicious and simple coconut panna cotta recipe! With only 5-ingredients, this coconut milk dessert will fancy up any dessert spread.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract or paste
- In a small bowl, whisk together gelatin and cold water. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan bring coconut milk and sugar to a simmer, whisking frequently, until dissolved. Remove from the heat and whisk in vanilla extract or paste.
- Pour hot coconut milk mixture into the bowl with the gelatin and whisk until completely incorporated. Pour into dessert glasses and refrigerate at least 4 hours, until firm.
- Serve with fresh cherries and thyme leaves.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 445
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 30 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Italian, easy, simple, quick, comfort food, healthy
Leave a Reply