This 5-ingredient carrot salad with chickpeas, raisins, cilantro and almonds, tossed in a citrus ginger vinaigrette is perfect for any time of the year and for any meal.
How to make carrot, chickpea & raisin salad
The dressing is the first step to this recipe, and it includes so much fresh citrus zest and juice - both orange and lemon - and brings me life.
The zippy part is a bit of white wine or champagne vinaigrette AND fresh ginger, it's balanced out with honey, and of course, finished with olive oil, salt and black pepper. It's so very perfect, and you'll likely want to put it on alllll the salads.
The salad itself is just 5 ingredients!
And the Carrot, Chickpea & Raisin Salad itself is made with just 5 simple ingredients - carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cilantro and almonds.
To make life really simple, you can use pre-shredded matchstick carrots and canned garbanzo beans, and for elevated nuttiness and crunch, you can toast the sliced almonds before adding them to the salad.
But no matter what, this salad will make your day because it's 1) fresh 2) bright and colorful 3) simple and easy to make and 4) is scientifically proven to cure the winter blues if you happen to be in that time of year.
Okay so maybe not that last part, but it is hella good for you.
If you love new ideas for salads, check out the recipes below:
- Chinese Chicken Salad with Orange Ginger Sesame Dressing
- Healthy Broccoli Salad with Sweet Lemon Dressing
- Kale & Crispy Chickpea Caesar Salad
- Greek Salad with Feta Vinaigrette
- Mediterranean Chickpea & Tuna Salad
Carrot, Chickpea & Raisin Salad
A 5-ingredient salad with carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cilantro and almonds, tossed in a citrus ginger vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 15 min + 30 min refrigeration
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 small orange
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine or champagne vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and shredded (about 4-5 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- Place the dressing ingredients in a jar fitted with a lid and shake until well-combined.
- Place the carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cilantro and almonds in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Top with feta right before serving, if desired.
Storage Tip: Refrigerate salad in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: ⅛ of recipe
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 419mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: garbanzo beans, healthy, no mayo, make ahead, easy, simple, quick, best