Today's the day for these delicious curry chicken salad that make a satisfying, healthy lunch or dinner option.
The inspiration behind these curry chicken salad.
It's just so hot, and if I don't have to do a lot of cooking and other crazy sweat-inducing stuff in the kitch, it's a good thing. So I happened to have some cooked turkey tenderloin leftover and I chopped it up, and thought... what can I make? Then I remembered having the most amazing chicken salad of life in culinary school. My baking instructor made it for us one day, and she rambled off a few of the ingredients she used to make it and I jotted them down in my phone. Four years later, those notes are still in my phone and have translated into a refreshing dinner/appetizer/snack that I'm now sharing with you in this curry chicken salad.
Pretty neat, huh?
What's in this curry chicken salad?
So here is what we have:
- Chicken, grapes, cucumber, jalapeno, cilantro.
- Mayo, yogurt, curry powder, lime, honey, cayenne.
- Bibb lettuce, almonds, green onion.
P.S. Isn't bibb lettuce adorbs? I just love making this salad into lettuce cups.
How to Put the Lettuce Cups Together
Just give it a stir and season, then scoop the deliciousness into crisp lettuce cups, top with crunchy almonds and green onions, and you have a no-cook meal that'll satisfy all of your August food needs.Print
Curry Chicken Salad
Simple curry chicken salad stuffed in lettuce cups.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¾ tablespoon curry powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely diced
- ½ medium seedless cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 container/head Boston or bibb lettuce
- ¼ cup slivered almonds or cashew pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove, allow to cool, then chop or shred in bite sized pieces.
- In the meantime, whisk together mayo, yogurt, lime, honey, curry powder, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium glass bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Fold in grapes, jalapeno, cucumber and cilantro. Place cooled chicken in bowl and stir to combine. Place lid on container and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce cups on a platter and fill with curry chicken salad. Top with almonds or cashews and additional cilantro, if desired.
- Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe
- Calories: 264
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 496 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg
Keywords: healthy, easy, simple, protein filled, entertaining friendly