If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m a huge fan of simple meals with huge flavor. This recipe for Greek Chicken Bowls is just that - a perfect combination of flavors, textures and colors and quickly comes together for a simple, healthy lunch or dinner option.
How to make a delicious rice bowl
I’ll admit, once in a while I like to make a more extravagant meal, but for the most part, I like things to be simple and focus on bringing out the amazing qualities of each and every ingredient.
These Greek Chicken Bowls are a perfect example of that – they feature some of my favorite ingredients, like olives and artichokes, with a wholesome base of grains and greens, and the best lemon oregano dressing on earth.
And they’re perfect for those who like to meal prep because you can just toss the ingredients in storage containers – even the dressing – and grab them before running out the door in the morning.
And voila! A perfectly wholesome lunch that has loads of flavor (and nutrients).
What does in these rice bowls
As mentioned, we have a handful of greens (spinach, kale, mustard greens, whatever you have one hand), tender herbed chicken breast, crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, briny olives and artichokes (load up on these!), salty feta and adorable micro greens, if you wish.
And the dressing takes just a few minutes to whip up – fresh lemon, red wine vinegar, oregano, honey, olive oil – and you’ll never ever want a bottled dressing again.
Time saving grains
The star of the show is the earthy, perfectly chewy brown rice and quinoa. You can do either/or but I like to combine them because they have different textures. And the quinoa adds a bit more protein!
If you're in a pinch, you can use microwavable grains because then you can have a delicious lunch bowl ready in no-time!
These types of shortcuts are a must-have, in my mind. They're just as nutritious as the rice that takes almost an hour to cook on the stove-top!
Talk about the perfect combination of flavors, textures and colors (and ease!). Lunch is no longer boring, folks.
Ready to give these bowls a try? Grab the recipe and be on your way to meal prep bliss.
If you're interested in other meal prep recipes you might enjoy these Chorizo & Hash Brown Egg Muffins for a delicious & satisfying breakfast all week long!Print
Greek Chicken Bowls
This recipe is a perfect combination of flavors, textures, and colors and quickly comes together for a simple, healthy meal.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Greek
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (4- to 6-ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Pinch dried oregano, coarse salt and ground black pepper
Lemon Oregano Dressing:
- Zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- Pinch coarse salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups (8.8-ounce) Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice & Quinoa
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups diced English cucumber
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Greek olives
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Handful micro greens
- To make chicken: Heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat. Season chicken breasts with oregano, salt and pepper. Place in the hot oil and cook 4-5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove from the skillet and let rest 5-10 minutes, then slice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make dressing: Whisk together lemon zest and juice, red wine vinegar, honey/sugar and oregano. Whisk in olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make bowls: Evenly distribute Ready to Serve Brown Rice & Quinoa, spinach, sliced chicken breast, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, artichokes, feta and microgreens into 4 bowls. Drizzle with dressing just before eating.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 516
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 851mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
Keywords: healthy, meal prep, quick, easy, make ahead, do ahead, homemade dressing