May I introduce you to walnut chai pancakes?
Your favorite drink in pancake form.
It's just that point in the week when I'm exhausted from all the craziness of work and life, and just want to sit on the couch with a plate of fluffy, delicious pancakes to sink my teeth into and a fuzzy kitten to cuddle with.
I just cannot think of a better Thursday night.
And just so we're clear, these are not just any ordinary pancakes (even though ordinary pancakes are fabulous). But these are extraordinary pancakes. I mean, it's basically like having a chai latte in pancake form.
And everyone loves chai lattes, right?
It's the perfect blend of cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger and pepper, swirled into buttermilk pancake batter that puffs up just the right amount and gets perfectly crispy and brown on the outside when poured into a hot skillet.
Walnut chai pancakes - the breakfast of your dreams.
THOSE SPECKLES, tho.
And to top that off [no pun intended] is velvety sweet and tangy vanilla yogurt and crunchy, nutty walnuts. Does it get any better??
I could seriously eat this entire stack of pancakes, but I won't. I'll share with my hubs and anyone else who wants walnut chai pancakes on a Thursday night.
You want pancakes, right?Print
Walnut Chai Pancakes
Chai tea-infused whole grain pancakes topped with vanilla yogurt and walnuts.
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- Total Time: 15-25 mins
- Yield: 6 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 teaspoons chai tea leaves (out of 4 tea bags)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 ¼ cups low fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, chai tea leaves, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, canola oil, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Turn mixer on medium speed and slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry and allow to whisk until batter is smooth.
- Heat a saute pan or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Pour about ¼ cup batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles start to form on the top; flip and cook another 30-60 seconds, until bottom has browned.
- Stack pancakes and top with vanilla yogurt and walnuts.
Cooking Tip: Add chai tea leaves to overnight oats!
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: whole wheat, from scratch, easy, simple, quick, healthy, whole grain