So here I am with another breakfast recipe. And this time, it's breakfast pizza on greek yogurt crust.
Breakfast pizza on Greek yogurt crust
Last time I shared with you my recipe for Mediterranean "Hercules" Skillet, which has those gorgeous runny yolks on top. And I am still just so obsessed with those eggs that I just had to share another dish with runny yolks this week.
Insert runny yolk here ---> meaning everywhere.
But this recipe is totally different than the skillet, in that I am placing some of my most favorite breakfast foods on top of a deliciously crispy Greek yogurt pizza crust.
What is the world, and how in the world, is that possible? I thought the same thing, and was quite perplexed when I heard that this was a thing... an actual possibility.
All you need is self-rising flour [which you can make yourself if you don't have any], plain Greek yogurt, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
Yes, you have all of these things in your pantry, and yes, you only need 4 ingredients!
And what will happen after it's baked? You'll have a soft-on-the-inside, crispy-on-the-outside pizza crust that is loaded with protein. YES!
It's a pretty fabulous phenomenon that I want to be every part of.
Today it is all about the crust, but it's actually not.
Because on top of that [no pun intended], there is a smear of garlicky Parmesan gravy and handfuls of smokey turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh spinach and two, gooey cheeses [yes, two].
Plus, a coupla freshly cracked eggs and a quick trip in the oven = super golden brown and bubbly breakfast pizza.
Bonus: Make this TONIGHT and reheat it tomorrow for breakfast.
Okay, I get that almost everything can be reheated tomorrow, but somehow this fact never gets old and always excites me.
Toppings for your pizza
Oh, and you guys. Just in case these aren't you favorite toppings [I know that egg is, tho], then here are some other breakfast pizza topping suggestions:
- Eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta
- Eggs, cherry tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella
- Eggs, arugula, roasted beets, goat cheese
- Eggs, ham, mushrooms, fresh thyme, Gruyere
- Insert your suggestions here --->
So you get what I'm saying. Anything you like can go on this Greek yogurt pizza crust, and with an egg, it's automatically considered breakfast.Print
Breakfast Pizza on Greek Yogurt Crust
Breakfast pizza with eggs, spinach and sausage on a two-ingredient Greek yogurt pizza crust.
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- Total Time: 30-40 mins
- Yield: Makes 8 slices 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Stove-Top, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 12-ounces plain Greek yogurt (or 1 ⅓ cups)
- 1 ¾ cups self-rising flour + more for dusting
- Pinch coarse salt
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅓-½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 links turkey sausage, chopped
- 4 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup greens, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pizza stone in the oven.
- Place Greek yogurt, self-rising flour and pinch of salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Run mixer on low for 5-6 minutes, scraping the sides as necessary with a spatula, until a smooth ball of dough has formed. Transfer to a cutting board dusted with flour. Work dough with your hands and press out and pull into a thin circle. Remove pizza stone from the oven and transfer dough to the pizza stone and drizzle with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium non-stick saucepan, heat butter and garlic on medium-high, until butter melts. Whisk in flour and allow to cook, whisking regularly, for 60-90 seconds. Slowly whisk in chicken stock until smooth. Allow to cook 3-4 minutes, continuing to whisk, until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread sauce on pizza dough.
- Top pizza with turkey sausage, scrambled eggs, greens and cheeses. Create 2-3 crevices in the toppings and crack eggs into each crevice.
- Cook pizza for 10-15 minutes, until crust and cheese are browned and egg whites are cooked. Slice and serve.
Cooking Tip: If you don’t have self-rising flour, or want to make your own, follow this recipe to make your own: 1 ¾ cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour + 2 tsp. baking powder + ½-¾ tsp. salt
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 666mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 17g
- Cholesterol: 176mg
Keywords: easy, tasty, homemade, healthy, making, how to make, without yeast, pizza dough
Get after it, friends.