It's charcuterie party board time!
This customizable party board is filled with crostini, cured meats, cheeses, fruits, pickles, nuts, dips and spreads.
Summertime = Charcuterie Board Time!
It's hot, it's muggy, it's (mostly) sunny... and it's definitely summer.
That is totally a good thing because summer = all things amazing: boats, camping, kayaking, cocktails, gardening, green grass, bonfires, friends, family, etc, etc etc.
You know what I mean! Summer is super amazing, and it seems like it's been 512 years since we've experienced it.
My favorite activity for summer is eating. Okay, that's my favorite year-round activity, but I especially love making delicious summer food on the grill and campfire, and love celebrating summer with picnics and potlucks and indulging in all the garden has to offer.
(P.S. we are about to have 2.1 million strawberries.... yay!)
But when the heat and humidity gets to be too much, I really enjoy no-cook meals. That means meals that don't require an oven, stove, grill, or any heat source. It's seriously amazing.
Which leads me to this Charcuterie Party Board.
It's a giant platter filled with cheeses, cured meats, pickled veggies, fresh fruit, herbs, breads, dips/spreads and many other delicious things.
See for yourself:
The party board details.
Some of my favorite stuff to put on a party board includes: smoked duck, chorizo, salami, prosciutto, canape toasts, mini sweet red peppers, Dijon mustard, pates and so much more.
Basically everything you could possibly want to make a flavor-packed charcuterie party tray. Just don't forget the Wisconsin cheese and fresh fruits and veggies (for the win).
Can you imagine coming home to all THIS for dinner? Which required no cooking?
Life (and charcuterie) is so good.
If you're looking for more charcuterie board spreads and dips check out these other recipes:
- Olive Hummus
- Peach Guacamole
- Dill-Horseradish Dip
- Cheesy Spinach, Artichoke, Bacon & Horseradish Dip
- Beet Hummus
- Whipped Avocado White Bean Dip
Charcuterie Party Board
A customizable party board with crostinis, cured meats, cheeses, fruits, pickles, nuts, dips and spreads.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 28 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking, No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large baguette, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Ricotta + smoked duck slices + diced apples + chopped walnuts + baby arugula
- Mascarpone + prosciutto + diced cantaloupe + fresh basil + pine nuts
- Goat cheese + chorizo + mini baby sweet peppers or roasted red peppers + fresh oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
Party Board Essentials:
- Cheese (fresh mozzarella, brie, Parmesan, fontina, asiago, provolone)
- Cured meats (prosciutto, salami, sausages, pate)
- Pickled vegetables (cucumbers, pearl onions, artichokes, olives, asparagus)
- Bread (crostinis, canape toasts, breadsticks)
- Fresh fruit (cherries, berries, melons)
- Dips/spreads (Dijon mustard, pesto, goat cheese, mascarpone, cream cheese, ricotta, hummus)
- Nuts (walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, cashews)
- To make crostinis: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baguette slices on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake 7-8 minutes, until just crisp. Allow to cool.
- To build crostinis with toppings: Spread cheese on each crostini. Layer with desired toppings and sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Serve.
- To build charcuterie board: Create heaps of desired charcuterie board essentials on a large platter, including assembled crostinis. Be sure to have a mix of cheese, meats, pickled vegetables, breads, fruit, dips/spreads and nuts.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: best, easy, simple, party, Italian, quick, entertaining, holiday, cheese board